- About Us
- 21st Century Firm
- Bookkeeping / Write-up
- Enrolled Agent (EA)
- Financial and Retirement Planning
- IRS Representation
- Notary Public
- Payroll Services
- QuickBooks Accounting Assistance
- Rental Property Asset Management
- Small Business Start-Up
- Tax Services
- Tax Center
- Schedule Appointment
- Contact Us
FAQ’s for Jennings Group:
Are you going to remain open?
AS OF RIGHT NOW, yes. But, please see following notice of procedural changes.
We are taking immediate steps to ensure access to our services for customers while protecting the health of our employees, their families, and our clients in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
Effective immediately and until further notice, to minimize foot traffic, our doors will remain locked except for the following conditions:
- SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS – please call or text our office number at (423) 408-2106. Place your documents in the drop box (to the right of our door) and one of our team members will gather your documents. Once your tax preparer is ready for you to enter the office, we will call to notify you that you may enter OR if you prefer to remain in your car, we provide the ultimate curbside service!
- SIGN, PAY AND PICK UP YOUR COMPLETED TAX RETURN – please call or text our office number at (423) 408-2106 and one of our team members will come out to your vehicle with the necessary documents.
- DROP OFF YOUR TAX DOCUMENTS TO COMPLETE YOUR TAX RETURN – please use our secure drop box located to the right of our door. Please make sure to give us good contact information including phone number, email address, etc. You can also complete an online Drop Off form by clicking here. This form is also available on your secure portal.
If you were to close the office to the public, how would I get information and from Jennings Group?
We have a secure portal for all existing clients to upload all pertinent tax documents (preferred method) OR if you were to mark out all Social Security Numbers on your forms, you can send to us via email to email@example.com. We will correspond back to you via phone, email or through your secure portal. We also have a dropbox beside the front door for you to drop off your documents. This will be checked multiple times per day.
Will my return be completed in time to file?
Since the tax deadline date has been delayed to 7/15/2020 (and we have good communication from you), we see no reason that the return would not be completed by the deadline.
Do I need to do anything on April 15th to get the delayed tax return deadline?
No. This delayed tax deadline date is automatic when you file, which means interest and penalties are automatically waived for 90 days and won’t accrue for qualifying taxpayers and businesses until after July 15th. This new tax deadline date applies to all returns that were due on April 15th such as Trusts, Corporations, Estates in addition to Individual tax returns.
What if I need more time to prepare my return?
You must file an extension by 7/15/2020 which would extend the return to the normal extension deadline (October 15th for individuals, other returns have different dates), but your payment would still be due by the extended payment deadline, 7/15/2020.
STIMULUS CHECK AND CARES ACT: Click here to see our summarized parts of this newly signed bill!
- News (28)