- About Us
- 21st Century Firm
- Bookkeeping / Write-up
- Enrolled Agent (EA)
- Financial and Retirement Planning
- IRS Representation
- Notary Public
- Payroll Services
- QuickBooks Accounting Assistance
- Rental Property Asset Management
- Small Business Start-Up
- Tax Services
- Tax Center
- Schedule Appointment
- Contact Us
Policies and Procedures for Jennings Group
We are taking immediate steps to ensure access to our services for customers while protecting the health of our employees, their families, and our clients in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
Effective immediately and until further notice, while our doors will remain locked, we will allow clients to come in the office for “in office” meetings. However, we will have a few procedural changes still in place:
- SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS – please call or text our office number at (423) 408-2106. Place your documents in the drop box (to the right of our door) and one of our team members will gather your documents. Once your tax preparer has entered and reviewed your tax information, we will give you the OPTION to come inside (with hand sanitizer available to use freely) to discuss your return and any tax advantages. You are NOT required to wear a mask, but we do ask for social distancing at all times. If you would prefer to stay in your car, a phone call conversation with you while in the parking lot is certainly an option. We want you to feel safe!
- SIGN, PAY AND PICK UP YOUR COMPLETED TAX RETURN – please call or text our office number at (423) 408-2106 and one of our team members will come out to your vehicle with the necessary documents.
- DROP OFF YOUR TAX DOCUMENTS TO COMPLETE YOUR TAX RETURN – please use our secure drop box located to the right of our door. Please make sure to give us good contact information including phone number, email address, etc. You can also complete an online Drop Off form by clicking here. This form is also available on your secure portal.
If I still don’t feel safe in public, how would I get information to and from Jennings Group?
We have a secure portal for all existing clients to upload all pertinent tax documents (preferred method) OR if you were to mark out all Social Security Numbers on your forms, you can send to us via email to email@example.com. We will correspond back to you via phone, email or through your secure portal. We also have a drop box beside the front door for you to drop off your documents. This will be checked multiple times per day.
When is the last day for me to drop off my tax documents for the July 15, 2020 deadline?
June 1, 2020 is the last day Jennings Group will accept tax documents to complete your 2019 tax return without an extension. If you do not bring your information to us by 6/1/2020 and need us to file an extension for you, there is a fee of $50 per federal and/or state return.
What if I need more time to prepare my return?
You must file an extension by 7/15/2020 which would extend the return to the normal extension deadline (October 15th for individuals, other returns have different dates), but your payment would still be due by the extended payment deadline, 7/15/2020.
What if I am not required to file a tax return? Can I still get the stimulus payment?
Check out this website and file a return to get the Stimulus Payment if:
— You did not file a 2018 or 2019 tax return because your gross income was below the limits or you weren’t required to file
Will there be another Stimulus Payment in 2020?
Possibly! It has been discussed but it has not been passed as of today. We will, of course, keep you posted on the latest events!
PLEASE NOTE: If you draw Social Security, Disability (SSDI), Survivor Benefits or Railroad Retirement, and do not have a dependent under the age of 17, YOU DO NOT NEED TO FILE A RETURN in order to get the Stimulus Payment.
STIMULUS CHECK AND CARES ACT: Click here to see our summarized parts of this newly signed bill!
- News (29)