How much is this going to cost me?

Don’t worry! We provide quality services for reasonable prices. Our fee is based on the number of forms and schedules needed, the complexity of the tax situation and the amount of time involved in the preparation of your return. Stop by our office and we will be glad to review your situation and provide you with an estimated fee.

  • 1040A and 1040EZ returns – No longer available beginning with tax year 2018
  • Individual tax return starting rate – $165
  • Sole proprietor tax return starting rate – $240
  • Corporation and Partnership return starting rate – $650
  • Monthly bookkeeping rates start at $300/month with the average rate at $500/month (includes Accounts Payable Management, Payroll Solutions, Preparation of Financial Statements, Key Performance Indicators and Customized Reporting)
  • Monthly rental management rates start at $300/month with the average rate at $500/month (including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Management Reporting, Financial Analysis and Bank Reconciliation with Bank Deposits)

Did your dependent son/daughter work and need to do a tax return?  Their 1040 return (if simple; fee for state returns) is free with paid parent’s return! Contact us with any questions.

How can I pay for my tax return?

We can take about anything except foreign currency!  Seriously though, we can accept the following forms of payment:

  • Cash
  • Checks
  • Credit Cards
  • Debit Cards

What if I don’t have the money to pay for my return upfront?

We try to make our fees as reasonable as possible, but we understand when times are tough.  We give our clients the option to have your fees taken out of your refund automatically for a small fee .  You can then have your refund put on a Visa prepaid debit card to spend anywhere that accepts Visa.  This is yet another convenience factor we offer our clients!

Can you do my business return?

Sure! We do all types of returns from individuals up to corporation tax returns as well as any state returns you may need.  Of course, if we take care of your monthly bookkeeping reporting the cost of your business return will be discounted.

How quickly can I get my refund?

Usually within 8-15 business days if you use direct deposit.  Some returns even qualify for direct deposit funds as soon as 5 business days.  Your refund will be directly deposited into your bank account, at no additional charge.  No need to pay additional fees for anything quicker!

How can I get my money?

Great question!  Jennings Group EA, Inc. offers several ways to get your refund (from the federal as well as any state):

  1. Direct Deposit – 8-15 days; no additional fee unless tax preparation fees are withheld; additional fees apply
  2. IRS Check – 3-4 weeks; no additional fee
  3. Visa Prepaid Debit Card (with tax preparation fees withheld) – 8-15 days; additional fees apply

How long do I keep tax records?

The Internal Revenue Service suggests 3 years from the due date of your last return. However, we suggest that you discard receipts, bills and credit card statements after 3 years. However, your tax returns, W-2s, 1099s from banks and mutual funds or brokerage firms or any contract for an asset you still own should be made a part of a permanent file.

What if I get a letter from the IRS?

If you receive a letter relating to a federal or state tax return we have prepared, send it to our office immediately and we will respond accordingly.  We stand behind the work produced in our office and do not charge additional fees for responding to tax notices if we make an error. We will do what it takes to correct any errors on our part.  If you receive a letter or notice regarding a federal or state tax return that was NOT prepared through our office, you should know that we are ready to assist you in the matter.  Enrolled Agents are Federally Licensed Tax Professionals and are authorized by the United States Treasury department to represent taxpayers in clearing up any delinquent tax matters.

What if I forgot something on my return?

You can “amend” your tax return if something was incorrect on your original return (for example:  you got another income statement after you filed, such as a W-2 or 1099; you received a corrected form from your employer or broker after you filed; you chose the wrong filing status).  You can amend a return by filing a 1040X within 3 years of the due date of the original return or within 2 years of the date on which you paid the tax due on the return, whichever is later.

Do I need to make an appointment?

Walk-ins are certainly welcome, but if you make an appointment (by phone or by using our online scheduler) we can set aside time specifically for you.

What do I need to bring with me to my appointment?

Great question!  For individuals just click here to see a checklist that details everything for you.  For Corporations or Partnerships, click here for a more thorough checklist.